Train The Game. With Purpose.
The Hoops 101 Academy features the same Hoops 101 approach to teaching, with the same attention to detail, but adds smaller class sizes, more individual attention, and a focus on individual improvement through two-hour intense training sessions.
Sessions will focus on shooting, speed, agility quickness training, defensive tactics to help you make your team, guard and post skills, individual offensive footwork, attacking pressure with poise, and will be built to 3-on-3 and 4-on-4 and eventually, 5-on-5.
- Open to boys and girls in grades 5-11. Age- and skill-based grouping.
- Each athlete will receive six total 2.5 hour small group training sessions.
- We start each week with a 30-minute classroom video session. Using the latest video technology, each student is sent an Interactive Chalk Talk they complete at home.
- Video clips are organized according to terminology and concepts taught within the on-court sessions for each week.
- This video access allows players to see real-game footage from actual high school players executing the skills being taught. It also allows us to show campers common mistakes being made in actual games so they get a better sense of context. [/list]
We use video lectures from the web, teaching points and visual discoveries to help bring on-the-court concepts to life. We also check for understanding with a free response exam at the end of each Interactive Chalk Talk.
Click on the topic below if you are a member of the Academy. Each lecture recap is password protected.