Q: Why do some camp sessions cost more than others?
- The difference in pricing is due to differing costs for gym rental with each location. We pass on the savings to the folks who attend the facilities that have a more affordable rental fee.
- The curriculum is the same for all camps. The skill level can differ between locations and the itinerary shifts some based on the numbers and the space constraints of a given facility.
Q: What can I expect my son or daughter to learn during the camp week?
- We will cover basic fundamentals of on-ball defense, off-ball defense, drive lane defense and helpside rotation. We also cover defensive transition with our older groups.
- On offense, we cover offense with the ball—triple threat moves, moving without the ball, relocation after dribble penetration, and progress from 1-on-1 to 3-on-3 to 4-on-4 and eventually, to 5-on-5.
Q: Is there early drop off and late pick up for day camp?
- Campers are asked to report at 8:45 am. Our coaching staff arrives at 8 am daily. You can drop off your children at 8 am. We stay to clean up until 5 pm daily. We ask that you arrange for a pick up of your child no later than 5 pm.
Q: Can we come out and watch camp during the day?
- Parents and family are welcome to observe any and all parts of the camp day. We encourage all parents to come out to daily awards, which begin at 4:15 pm each camp day. On the last day of camp, we have an awards ceremony and ballhandling show that begins at 4 pm on Championship Thursday.
Q: What is for lunch? Are there snacks and concessions?
- LUNCH FOR THE WEEK–We offer lunch for the entire week for an additional $30. It includes a meal which usually includes a mix of Little Caesars pizza, Subway, KFC, or Popeyes. Lunch also includes a cup of Gatorade.
- CONCESSION BANK–You can make a deposit at registration for the concession bank. Your camper’s account will be debited over the course of the week. Any leftover funds will be refunded the last day of camp.
Q: Can my son or daughter be put on a specific team with their other friends?
- We group the teams according to age, grade and skill level. We have a randomized method of team selection, and reserve the right to switch teams during the week to ensure parity and level competition for all. If you have a request, we will listen, but we also reserve the right to make changes or say no in the case that it is better for all campers involved.
Q: When do I report to camp the first day? How do we pay? Where do we report?
- Registration and check in takes place the first morning of each camp. If you registered online, you will receive an email with final details the week before camp. This email will have a Fastbreak Confirmation form, a liability release and medical consent to treat that you can bring signed with you to registration.
- All payments are made ahead of time using WePay. You can use credit card or electronic check as you register. We only accept checks, cash or money orders for outstanding balances on the first day of camp. You can pay with credit card online AHEAD of time, but we do not have the ability to process credit cards on location the first day of camp.
- First day registration starts at 7:45 am and continues through 8:30 am. We ask that you show up on time, that you bring your signed forms ahead of time, and that you have your form of payment ready.