If you are a serious-minded player who wants to improve individually and compete at the highest level, then Hoops 101 Select is for you. Our philosophy is to improve players’ individual skills while showing them how they can use those improvements within the framework of team basketball to create more opportunities for themselves and for those around them.
[quote align=”right” color=”#0404B4″]You will learn HOW to play—not just how to run plays.[/quote]
We want to teach the game the right way. We do not subscribe to the “roll out the ball and let ’em play” mentality taking over AAU and select basketball. We believe in the power of team and the role of each player within that team. You will learn HOW to play—not just how to run plays.
If you are looking for a team or are just wanting something more with regards to teaching and improvement of your game, confirm your interest, and we will invite you out to a practice to try out.
FINAL 2014 TRYOUT DATES
February 23 and March 2 @ Barton Middle School @ 4950 Jack C. Hays Trail Kyle, TX 78640 .
Middle School – Check in at 12:30 pm. Tryouts from 1-3 pm
High School – Check in at 3:30 pm. Tryouts from 4-6 pm
Open to present 6th-12th grade boys.
[button color=”##0404B4″ background=”##0404B4″ size=”medium” src=”https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13L54sqIHbakAY3dfXLdq9f_6yWwck5uSl6yLuxmrM9Y/viewform”]REGISTER FOR HOOPS 101 SELECT TRYOUTS[/button]
[message_box title=”WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM?” color=”green”]If you are highly motivated, a strong teacher, have a desire to improve and be part of a teaching-based Select program, we are always looking for the right kind of coach. If you are interested, please visit our contact page and fill out the form indicating you want to join our Coaching Team. [/message_box]
- HIGH QUALITY UNIFORMS: High quality reversible uniform with shorts that players will enjoy wearing.
- GAME TIME EXPERIENCE: You will play a minimum of 5 AAS (Amateur Athletic Sports), MAYB (Mid America Youth Basketball), Area leagues and other invitational tournaments in the Austin area and in the state of Texas. Our oldest teams may travel out of state.
- QUALITY INSTRUCTION: We have merged concepts and methods from a variety of the finest basketball camps and clinics and have used the same Hoops 101 method of organization and structure to come up with practice plans that MOVE.
- FOCUS ON SKILLS & TECHNIQUE TRAINING: The research by Daniel Coyle in The Talent Code (A great book for all coaches, teachers, parents, and athletes). shows that the talent hotbeds all around the world use similar strategies to achieve consistent success over time. Hoops 101 subscribes to the idea that DEEP PRACTICE (based on the learning of techniques and intentional learning) and MASTER COACHING are key to the development of talent.
- STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? Read the Frequently Asked Questions regarding Hoops 101 Select.
- Footwork and defensive tactics
- Ballhandling (with an emphasis on weak hand)
- Finishing Moves
- Moves on the Move
- Breaking the Press
- Feeding the Post
- Pick and Roll
- Read and React Offense
- Passing and operating under pressure
- Pressing defenses
- Zone Defense and Offense
Hoops 101 Select Documents
- 2014 Select Cost Breakdown–> How much will Hoops 101 Select cost? [space height=”12″]
- 2014 Select Season Calendar –> How often do we practice and how often do we participate in tournaments? [space height=”12″]
- Tournament Expectations–How we determine playing time? What are the expectations for behavior? [space height=”12″]
- Parent-Coach Communication Model–How do I approach a coach if I am a parent and have an issue with the coach? [space height=”12″]
- Medical Release–Each athlete must submit a new form for each season.
Hoops 101 Select Curriculum
Our offensive philosophy is based on the Read and React Offense taught by Rick Torbett and Better Basketball. We use that as our base, and add some key individual concepts learned from some of the game’s best teachers at the Point Guard College to help our players learn HOW to PLAY.